Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hangin out at the Homestead!


A great part of summer at the Homestead isn't just the camping it is the family history
and the stories of great great Grandma Thomas homesteading through the winter without
her husband (who was working down in the valley)  and modern
conveniences in loads of snow, so they could acquire this land through the homestead act.
We love it here!
The kids love swinging on the gate and feeding horses.  I loved watching humming birds,
seeing all the beauty of  nature, taking pictures of my family, watching my hubby build a
campfire (they lifted the fire ban just in time for us) toasting marsh mallows, and eating
corn from the coals of the campfire, walking with my husband and seeing the stars.




Down by the Conejos River. I sat on a lovely old fallen tree and watched the girls 
trying to skip rocks listening to how Grandpa Lou would come and fish all summer as a boy here.

Checking out the boundaries and the marker for the mountain property. 
It's hard to see but it says 1937.



Awe my little E fell asleep on her Auntie's shoulder on our little walk.

My little girl was such a ham at the parade. here she is kickin' back to watch floats.
We are so fair I set up seats in the back of our car so we could stay out of the 
sun as much as we possibly could.

The cabins there have a meadow that was filled with wild flowers this year. 
With the mountains coming up around us I couldn't help taking lost of pictures 
of my lovely children surrounded by loveliness!







I love the old cabins and the weathered logs. They have a beauty that I couldn't resist
trying to get into my pictures.  So my son obliged me.


here we have my best/back-side lovingly photographed by my daughter.
When I told her to delete it she protested "but mom you look so-ooo Good!"
Okay maybe she knows something I don't....
(here she got me with my hears nearly closed)



I also got to enjoy the first taste of preteen personality "weirdness".
Hope you enjoyed my photo journal here.

1 comments:

Lilac said...

I liked going to that camp out thank you.